Dust Control Permits
Floyd County residents desiring to use chemicals to control dust on rock roads are advised that such work may be done by permit only. Persons desiring dust control should contact an approved contractor.
Permits are available at the Engineering Office for residents who wish to apply their own dust control.
Residents are reminded that used motor oils may not be used to control dust. The only materials approved for use on the roads are:
- Calcium chloride
- Lignin sulfonate
- Magnesium chloride
Other Restrictions & Regulations
- The owner shall maintain the treated area and repair any roughness that may develop.
- The county reserves the right to rework the treated areas and maintain them as loose granular surfaces if the owner fails to maintain the area in a condition acceptable to the county.
- On or about mid-October, dust control locations will be bladed through in preparation for winter weather.
- Applicants shall make arrangements with the applicator of their choosing. Financing of the work shall be the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- The use of waste oil is banned.
Approved Dust Control Companies
The following companies provide dust control services in Floyd County:
- Dean Schaefer
- 14711 210th Street
Mason City, IA 50401
- Phone: 641-421-8622
- Email Deano’s
V21 Dust Control
- Jason Hoerman
- 1779 210th Street
Waverly, IA 50677
- Phone: 641-228-0818
Woody's Dust Control
- Jason Parcher
- 611 Hampton Street
P.O. Box 46
Rudd, IA 50471
- Phone: 641-395-2650