ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registration

Before a recreational vehicle or vessel can be registered a receipt, bill of sale, or satisfactory evidence that the sales or use tax has been paid for the purchase of the vehicle.


New and/or transferred recreational vehicles and vessels are registered in Floyd County. Boat registrations expire on April 30, 2022, and then are renewed for a 3-year period. Boat fees are based on the length of the boat. All boats over 17 feet in length must have a title. Boats with a lien must be titled.

Registrations do not have to be current before a boat, snowmobile, or ATV can be transferred.


  • ATV and snowmobile registration expires on December 31 of each year.
  • ATVs and snowmobiles must have a title.


  • Snowmobile maps may be obtained from the Recorder's Office.
  • Snowmobiles operated on public land, designated trails and riding areas, and public ice must display an IDNR Resident User Permit. IDNR Resident User Permits may be purchased at any vendor that sells hunting/fishing licenses or the Recorder's Office.
  1. Amy M. Assink

    Amy M. Assink

    Phone: 641-257-6154

  2. Recorder's Office

    Physical Address
    101 S Main Street
    Suite 306
    Charles City, IA 50616

    Phone: : 641-257-6154
    Fax: : 641-228-6458